Memories of Miami

It feels like a lifetime ago, yet it was only last month that I set off to visit the shores of Miami. Now I reminisce on that aesthetically appealing city, heart smiling. To take you into my head-space at the time, I have given you excerpts from my journal entries. My words are accompanied by some radical photography from the talented TeQuan Johnson.



"Back on the sand
By myself this time.

I need the waves to heal me
Restoration will be mine."




"Green, blue
Green, blue
Green, blue
Like layers in my spirit
All joy.

I have sandy toes again!
I have salty lips
... and my skin is glowing."


"It has changed me.
In contrast to daily life for the past month,
I am inspired

I feel energized
I feel ready to keep going"


"Pastel colors like my moods;
Muggy weather like my temperament.
Palm trees standing tall like my values
Waves keep coming like new goals."


Miami brought awareness to self-awareness and what it truly means.
I am grateful.

Here is a little poem

"Soft light lines in a bulb
Stems out of glass bottles
Metal
Wood
Salty Donut
Wynwood"



Ray, x